Sunday, March 22, 2009

SELF LEARNING PLAN

This time coming to Wuhan I want to learn or find out about the differences in my country and their country. I want to find out this because china is a big and developing country and Singapore is also a developing country too. So I want to see how much difference two developing countries can have. As we know that Singapore is a small country and china is a big country, but it is to develop a small country than a big country. So it can be interesting to see how china makes their development fast and well enough to catch up with other countries. Now more and more people have invested in china, this shows that china will be an economy strong country in now and future. So for my future I would like to find out as much as possible.


I would like to focus on their culture, business etiquette and their living environment. Culture is because, china has already over 5000 years of culture. As a Chinese, I consider myself as a half china people too, so that’s why I have to learn my own culture too. Then over 5000 years, a lot of event had happen there. Their knowledge have pass from generation to generation, and I am sure I can learn important lesson and knowledge from their culture. Then business etiquette. As I said just now, in future china will be a economy strong country. So in order to be successful in china, I must know those things that I can or cannot do. Some more, I had heard that some of their business etiquette is very unique, so I would like to see it myself. Last one is the living environment. Before I can do anything else in china, I must make myself comfortable first before I can do anything else. Example, Singapore public toilet and china public toilet have a lot of differences. China toilets have no door, smelly and most of them do not have toilet. Whereas Singapore is totally the opposite of all that. So I must get use or adapt to their environment first.

What do I learn from their culture?
In their kind of environment can, I really adapt to it?
How different are they from us? in a way of interactions.
What can I work as here?
How is their food different from Singapore?

First, I would like to learn or improve on patience. Because, speed does not mean good work. There is a say, “patience is the key to success”, and because I agree to this saying, I would like to improve or rather acquire. Then sense of humor. In Chinese, there is a saying” when you are outside, you depend on your friend”, so with we need to learn some “friend making skills”, and sense of humor is one of them. The last one is tolerance for discomfort. Every country has their own way of doing things, and some of the way maybe normal for them, but not for me. So we have to tolerate them as we are in their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment